Re: Major Diatonic

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Patrick J. McKenna on September 18, 2001 at 19:19:31:

In Reply to: Major Diatonic posted by newb on September 18, 2001 at 14:25:49:

: Im a wana be Harmonica player I came acros this site and its asowme... but here is my problem i went out to buy a lee oskar i stoped at this music place and i bought a Major diaoniic in the Key of E when i went to the store to take it back even do i dint even touch the thing they wouldnt let me return it and they pointed me to the sing that sayed because of heald issues any instrument that you blow thru will not be accepted for returns.. and well can any body tell me if i can practice the lesons on this site with this harmonica?? well thx alot and keep suporting the site :) EL NeWb

Hey Newb,
If you want to play the harmonica, you're already on the smart path to becoming a virtuoso by checking out this site. As I've said before, harmonicalessons.com is a goldmine of information for any harmonica player from the beginner who is holding a new harmonica for the first time...to the seasoned pro.
For the beginner, a key of C diatonic is highly recommended.
However, you can learn on a harmonica of a different key. Until you acquire a C harp, just pretend that you have a C harp. Practice the exercises and play the music the way that you would on a C harp. If you get the opportunity to play with another musician, just be sure that you tell him or her that you're playing an E harmonica!
When you get a C harp, you will notice the difference.
Wishing you success in your endeavors,
Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]