Re: Jam party - suggestions for what to play?!!!

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Patrick J. McKenna on September 09, 2001 at 19:22:10:

In Reply to: Jam party - suggestions for what to play?!!! posted by wil on September 09, 2001 at 17:57:29:

: Hi -I'm a beginner player- and i have an A harp, C (thought I'm bad on C), and a G. I'm going to a
: jam party" on the weekend and I'm thinking of what I could do that might sound cool. I migbht have benefit of someone on an acousitc guitar - but i won't know till i get there. Any ideas on what i should try.......or just improvise and muck around?
: PS> I'm most confident on the A - so it'll probably be something in A.

Hey Wil,
Welcome to the family.
As a beginner, you already know that you have some learning to do! If I may give you one word of advice, it would be: PRACTICE. When you become a true harmonica virtuoso, you will still have some learning to do. However, as you get better, playing becomes more satisfying and fun.
If you feel comfortable playing a harp in the key of A, you will probably best use it to jam in the key of E.
As for the C harmonica, it's the best key to learn on.
Check through this site. It provides a goldmine of information. You can't beat the price of these free lessons. You can help, by contributing. Keep this site alive and growing.
And keep us posted on your progress.
Wishing you success in your endeavors,
Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]