Re: Tremolo harmonica

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Patrick J. McKenna on September 05, 2001 at 18:35:20:

In Reply to: Tremolo harmonica posted by Helen on September 05, 2001 at 12:25:43:

: I am completely harmonica illerate but do have a Hohner Tremolo harmonica and would like to learn to play it. It has 2 layers of holes-16 on top and 16 on bottom. Most C's have only 10 (I think) in a single layer. How do I determine where C is and does it play like a C otherwise? Thanks

Dear Helen,
This could be the start of a beautiful relationship...between you and the harmonica.
I have a Hohner Goliath Harmonica, which also has a double row of holes. On the Goliath Harmonica, C is played by blowing into hole #5 (there are 24 double holes). I'm not familar with the Hohner Tremolo Harmonica, but from what you've said in your post, it is probably very much like the Goliath Harmonica.
Moving along, IMHO, I believe that you should acquire a diatonic harmonica in the key of C, such as the Hohner Special 20 (which is my personal favorite). This would provide you with an easier and more satisfying start to the enjoyment that the harmonica will provide you (and perhaps your audience).
There is a lot of advice on this site. Check it out. In addition, the message board has a lot of posts from a various harmocists. We don't share our advice on this site for the money. We do it to share with one another and with others who share our love and enthusiasm for the harmonica.
Welcome to our family.
Wishing you success in your endeavors,
Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]