Re: Oddly bitter truth

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Bluzharper on August 13, 2001 at 20:02:15:

In Reply to: Oddly bitter truth posted by Swing Kid on August 13, 2001 at 18:25:07:

I remember the day my wife told me "a harmonica is not a musical instrument, its something you get in Cracker Jacks". I kept on playin, but that cut like a knife. The band I was in at the time was asked to play a mayors concert series in the very park where I played as a kid. The date happened to be the same as our family reunion. Everyone was there, and we tore the place down. The crowd went wild with every solo I played. I thought as I left that stage, if I never play again, its all been worth it. This past Sat. night I was asked if I wanted to sit in with my former band mates at a club they were playing, for the first time in another city. The guitar player was a substitute and having a few problems. When I took the stage, and started playing, the crowd came alive, two songs later the dance floor was full and when I left the stage after the set ended, it was high fives and pats on the back. Never sell a harmonica short, it can be a very exciting instrument, and add a new dimension to the band, even in the hands of a not so skilled player like myself. It sounds to me like you have a golden opportunity to turn a lot of people on to what a harp player can do, and make some NEW friends in the process. All The Best To You, and Keep The Blues Alive...Darol

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]