Re: How do I play in 3rd position?

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Patrick J. McKenna on August 04, 2001 at 20:13:11:

In Reply to: How do I play in 3rd position? posted by nattyboy on August 04, 2001 at 16:33:39:

: I'm wanting to learn 3rd position. What are the root notes? I suppose this site has info on 3rd p,,,haven't looked yet,,,is there anywhere else online to learn more about 3rd p? Any advice?
: N

Nattyboy...
Most of the music that I play on harmonica is in 1st position for melodic pieces and 2nd position for accompaniment (i.e., Chicago style R&B), but if you want a quick answer without searching through this and other web sites, then I guess the task of providing it must fall on your friends who also gather around the message board.
I'm basically self-taught (with the help of numerous musicians). To some, that means that I had an idiot for a teacher, so bear with me on this subject.
According to some of my reference material, 3rd position is also known as "slant harp" and if you are using a C harp, 3rd position allows you to play in A minor.
I think that a lot of us so-called (self professing) seasoned experts tend to overlook a lot, especially subjects that fall just outside of those of which we have a major interest (or obsession). Thanks to your question, I decided to read up more on the subject of 3rd position harmonica.
Wishing you success on all your endeavors,
Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]