Re: Possible problem with new Hohner harp...

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Patrick J. McKenna on July 28, 2001 at 20:31:01:

In Reply to: Possible problem with new Hohner harp... posted by Swing Kid on July 24, 2001 at 12:33:19:

: I just recently started playing the harmonica after a few years of wanting to, but I never had an instrument. A few weeks ago, I snagged a harmonica out of one of those vending machines with the drop claws and started playing. It's a freaky thing, about 6 inches long, with 2 rows of holes 20 holes long. I managed with it for a while. Just now I went and bought a Hohner MS Blues Harp from a local K&W Music shop. When I got home and tried it, it sounded way diffent. And now after 3 weeks, it still sounds off. I have trouble hitting clear single notes, and the hole 1 draw sounds like a dying moose. The point of all my ranting is to ask if this is because it's new and still needs to be broken in more...am I using a bad habit from a different style of harmonica, or do I need to get the reeds replaced? Any feedback would be very welcome. =)

IMHO, you should find your sales reciept and take that harmonica back to the music shop. If the salesperson tries to talk you into thinking that the harmonica needs to be broken in, tell him or her that there are other shops that don't jerk around the customer and that you will take your business elsewhere.
If you lost your reciept, learn not to do so again! As I, along with others know, the harmonica is not a toy, but a serious musical instrument.
Getting back to the subject of defective harmonicas, for a small price, Hohner will replace their harmonicas which are defective, but if it has been tampered with or well used, Hohner will replace your harmonica with an identica model at a discounted price.
Wishing you success with your endeavors,
Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]