Re: Music anyone?

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Bluzharper on July 27, 2001 at 02:41:21:

In Reply to: Re: Music anyone? posted by Let Me See on July 26, 2001 at 20:32:52:

IMHO which harp to buy is an issue.I know certain issues are unwelcome from past posts that have been deleted. I dont feel what you posted is offensive or your unwelcome. That said, lets look at mics in non hand held use. The position of the mic makes a big difference, Ive found it best to keep the mic below the harmonica, the lower the better, this helps to eliminated nose hiss and other noises. In recording I prefer a shure 57 to a 58 due to the smaller sound pattern. Tone? Now this is perhaps the most misunderstood issue in harmonica playing. The size of the cup, the position and size of the sound chamber, meaning throat thru lungs, has a huge effect on tone. The bigger the chamber, the bigger the tone. How you stand effects tone. Keep your back straight. Breath deep, bends should involve your diaphragm. I think some of the best harp Ive heard has been played using a non hand held mic. Good Luck to You and Welcome to This Site...Bluz.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]