Re: Keys of harps and amp setup

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Bluzharper on July 17, 2001 at 07:37:12:

In Reply to: Re: Keys of harps and amp setup posted by Blues Lover on July 17, 2001 at 06:01:20:

Blues Lover,
As far as keys go I always carry C A D G E Bb F. As far as equipment, all jams differ, you have to check em out. PA public address system. I jammed with a 4-10 Blues Deville, a 60 Watt backbreaker by Fender. Why ? I got tired of not being able to hear myself over the guitars. Problem with it was all the guitar players wanted to play thru it. Then went to a Bassman RI. Guitar amps work fine for harps, theres a learning process involved, so do some research. Harp-l`s a good place to start. I know harp players who dont own an amp, it`s what your goals are and what you want to do. From the start I wanted to play in a band so I needed an amp. I also play guitar. I jam so much the house band expects me to bring my rig and I dont care if others use it, life is short.
Where Im from harp players love to cut heads or compete, trade licks on stage. The crowd loves it. You need an extra amp. I sit in with other bands an use my own gear in most cases. That way Im out of the sound mix and dont mess up whats going down. Nick is correct and it sounds like hes`s been around and paid his dues, you dont need an amp at your stage of the game. Speaking only for myself, I wont go to a Blues Jam that doesn`t have a harp player. Whats the point? I want to learn, talk harmonica and compare notes. We have one of the worlds best guitar players running a local jam, he`s also the worlds biggest assholes and lots of players avoid this smuck. He lost his gig recently and cant figure out why. All jams are different. As I said from the start, ten players, ten different answers... Good Luck and Keep the Blues Alive..

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

[an error occurred while processing this directive]