Re: Keys of harps and amp setup

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Nick H on July 17, 2001 at 06:30:43:

In Reply to: Re: Keys of harps and amp setup posted by Blues Lover on July 17, 2001 at 06:01:20:

My advice is if you are starting to enjoy playing amplified harp, just go through the pa for the moment.
Open mic and Jam sessions always have guys running them and they will want to control your sound through the pa. A harp player with his own amp will be a challenge to them.
I have gone into a bar and been called up on stage, produced my green bullet and asked which channel can I go in? The guy running the show said to the audience " ooh d'ont you just hate those harp players who bring their own mic's!!"
So my advice/experience is go to jam sessions, may be extend your harps to include F,G, then Bb & Eb and then Am for when you want to get sad!
D'ont rush out and get an amp yet, relax and start expressing yourself with the Harmonica. Make a friend at the open mic who has got a fender twin at home and play through one of the channels on that mother.
Unless you are gigging a lot with a band I dont see the need for you to get an amp immediately.
Besides that they are really heavy to lug around but Im probably a lot oder and weaker than you man!
Regards Nick H in UK

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

[an error occurred while processing this directive]