Re: Is it me or is it my new Lee Oskar?

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Larry A on July 10, 2001 at 11:52:00:

In Reply to: Re: Is it me or is it my new Lee Oskar? posted by Pete on July 03, 2001 at 17:30:44:

: I have never, ever had any luck with the LO harps. Every time I buy one, I have some problem with it. I received a phone call from Lee Oscar himself when I sent it back to be repaired. I explained that I appreciated his call but I'm just not happy with his product. I feel that the whole idea of being able to tweak the harps yourself with the special tools that have to be bought are just a cover-up for poor craftsmanship. I will never buy another one. Then again, this is just my opinion and they are like body parts--- everyone has a few.

Yeah, well, I kinda thought that might be the case when I got mine. I went and took the covers off and adjusted the gapping on the problem reeds and the tone and ease of play have improved noticeably. I can even play 2 draw using tongue blocking which is a technique that I'm new at. I guess I'll have to resign myself to having to tweak any new LOs I buy. I have to admit though, that I like the tonal quality and LOVE the plastic combs. I hated Hohner's wooden combs.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]