Re: Allergic to my harmonica!

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Puffy on July 09, 2001 at 14:16:04:

In Reply to: Allergic to my harmonica! posted by Kira on July 06, 2001 at 08:34:50:

: I'm allergic to many metals, and am devastated to find that my harmonicas seem to use them. The day after a 1/2 hour session, my lips are swollen up and sensitive. This doesn't seem to be just normal irritation ... I've talked to a couple friends who play and the worst they've ever had is some chapped lips.

: I have two Hohners, both with nickel-plated steel exteriors. The one with no brass showing along the mouthpiece seems better. The music store didn't have any other exterior options.

: Can anyone recommend something I can coat parts of the harp with to get rid of this reaction?

: Many thanks.

Try a wood harmonica body if your not allergic to wood.

I'm not the owner but I did buy a couple (they are expensive) but they are the coolest things you'll ever have in your hand.

The only drawback is the shape is sort of odd with a protruding plastic comb that makes it harder to get a descent embrochure and I didn't personally like. They sound good too.


Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




[an error occurred while processing this directive]