Re: Allergic to my harmonica!


[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Marc on July 06, 2001 at 20:05:07:

In Reply to: Re: Allergic to my harmonica! posted by Ron on July 06, 2001 at 09:47:55:

Kira,

You might want to see a dermatologist and have them do a "patch test". This tests for allergy to a variety of compounds, including metals. Nickel is the most common metal that people are allergic to, and it is a component of standard patch test trays. Tests for other metals are sometimes harder to find.

Many people are allergic to nickel, and they usually have problems with earrings and other jewelry, which often contain nickel as part of the alloy. If you are allergic to nickel, there is a test kit you can buy which will test a metal to see if it contains nickel. If your harmonica store lets you test the harmonicas before you buy them, this might help.

Good Luck,

Marc



Follow Ups:



Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:


[an error occurred while processing this directive]