Re: Got a lee osker in Eb to play blues in Bb

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Patrick J. McKenna on July 05, 2001 at 16:39:55:

In Reply to: Re: Got a lee osker in Eb to play blues in Bb posted by y0da on July 04, 2001 at 23:56:48:

: : AAAAAAARGH!!! Why is it that after trusting the advice I received on THIS WEBSITE and dropping $25 on a Lee Oskar Major, now all of a sudden everybody thinks it's the worst harmonica EVER MADE???

: : : Throw out the LO and buy a SP 20-- You'd be better off.

: ehh don't bother with comments like "lee oskar sucks buy _____ harp"

: lee oskar's are good harps ...and definatly if you are starting out its better to have

: also they last alot longer then my hohner's so i would stand by them in most situations

: ..most likely there is nothing wrong with your harp you just need to practice to get a clean note out of all the holes will get it eventually just keep at it

: Jeff Walenta

This isn't going to help in bringing a peaceful close to the ever-broiling controversy concerning the Lee Oskar vs. Hohner vs. Suzuki vs. Kay vs. AXL vs. Huang vs. Victory (a really cheap harmonica) vs. any of the other brands not mentioned.
Unless your harmonica is a real piece of truly defective garbage, it's time that all frustrated players stop blaming their instruments for their musical shortcomings! If a reed is stuck or if any single note is distorted, by all means get another harmonica...and make sure that it is not defective. As for which harmonica you should buy, I recommend a diatonic harmonica in the key of C
to learn basic music. For learning advanced bending, a diatonic harmonica in the key of A is probably the best choice.
And I recommend checking out this web site.
Wishing you success in your endeavors,

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

[an error occurred while processing this directive]