Kim Wilson &Fabulous Thunderbirds

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Bluzharper on June 30, 2001 at 03:47:46:

Had the pleasure of catching their show last night in Toledo, Ohio, it was a hell of a good one. I talked with Kim Wilson briefly and also with Kid Ramos. The band flew in for the show, the stage gear was all rented. Kid Ramos was playing his Mary-Kay Strat thru two Vox AC-30 amps while Kim Wilson was blowing Harp thru two stock Fender Blues Deluxe amps, so much for boutique amps and retubing. The band made the best of the 90 deg temp and humidity. I was somewhat disappointed that Kim didnt play more Harmonica, but what he played was awesome. I cant say Ive ever seen a mic like his before, its the same one he uses on the One Night In L.A. DVD. Kid Ramos came close to stealing the show with his guitar prowess. The sound he gets from that twin Vox set up is amazing. Gene Taylor on key boards was laying down the boogie woogie and right in the pocket. The show was a free Citi-Fest event. After the show I caught the Motor City Sheiks at a local Blues Joint and got called up to sit in on a couple of tunes. The harp player for the Sheiks also uses a stock Blues Deluxe amp. These are two of the best harp players Ive heard, what a great night of Blues...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

[an error occurred while processing this directive]