Re: can't blow single note

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Ron on June 28, 2001 at 06:14:26:

In Reply to: can't blow single note posted by Blues Lover on June 27, 2001 at 08:17:46:

You WILL get this skill soon if you just keep practicing! Playing the harp requires us to use muscles in ways that we never do in our non-harp lives. You need to develop these muscles and your control over them. The only way to do this is to keep practicing. I recommend practicing for 10 to 20 minutes at a time at first. The tiny undeveloped muscles in your mouth will tire very quickly and you may get frustrated. Keep practicing 10 to 20 minutes at time a few times per day and it will come very sooon!

When I started it was easier for me to play single notes using tounge blocking. I have just learned to use the pucker method and I found my lips getting very tired very quickly at first. I needed to develop these muscles some more. I feel your pain. HAVE FUN!!!

Ron

: OK, so I've been blowing my brains out on my harp and I just absolutely cannot get myself to blow a single note. I've been practicing and I just can't get it. I look at my lips in the mirror, and I seem to be making the correct shape, then I feel for the hole with my tongue, and it's dead on, then I blow, and I get a chord. AAAAAARGH!!! Or maybe my blow will be a single note, then my draw is a chord. I just can't do it consistently at all. Is it just a practice thing? Will it come to me with time if I keep practicing? Or am I doing something wrong?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]