Re: "Sour" CX-12

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Patrick J. McKenna on June 24, 2001 at 20:10:21:

In Reply to: Re: posted by Bluzharper on June 22, 2001 at 13:47:29:

: : I haven't been playing this thing long (3 months) and the 4 - blow (C) has gone flat on me. What do I do to fix it?

: You may be able to remove some metal from the end of the reed by scratching or filing it and raise the pitch. This will be a temproary fix. Reeds crap out due to metal fatique. The reed should be replace. You are looking at a $100 + chrom harp. I would think it should last more than 3 mo. Perhaps you could contact Hohner and they will work with you to get it fixed. Please let us know how it works out. Its always good to know how a company stands behind their products. Good Luck to You anyway....

If in doubt...DON'T tamper with the instrument. I have played harmonica for many years, but in my case, I've found that I can playing abilities far surpass my abilities to perform sensative repair
work. The reeds are very delicate.
I recommend that you send your defective harmonica in the hope (or dreams) that Hohner will replace it. Explain the problem that you are having. Chances are, Hohner will offer to replace your harmonica (in the same key as the one returned) for a discount. Sure, this can be a real disappointment to the customer who feels that he or she deserves a free replacement, but it is still better than paying the full sticker price of a new instrument.
Good luck and I wish you success in your endeavors
Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]