Re: Playing by ear,music or tabs. Help

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Bluzharper on May 31, 2001 at 18:44:38:

In Reply to: Playing by ear,music or tabs. Help posted by Rich on May 31, 2001 at 18:06:39:

Hey Rich,

Dont put too much emphasis on what level you are. Ive played with bands, sit in, and get asked to play with groups for cash and to be honest, Im a hack. IMHO harmonica is about playing for yourself. Its like boxing, no matter how big and bad you are, someone, somehwere, can flat kick youre ass. So play for yourself and enjoy the music. Ive heard some outstanding players with the wrong back up sound like shit. Ive had people tell me how good I sound and I have to laugh to myself. Most people dont know a good harp player from a bad one. If youre a Blues Man, youre playing by ear, and if youre a good Blues Man youre playing from the heart or soul. You put all the shit lifes thrown at you, all the times youve really hurt inside, and channel it thru that harp. Thats Blues. Ive read youre posts and it seems playing in public is a hurdle you have to get over. So do it man. Youll find youre addicted. In a very short time people will be saying, there he is again, and again, and again..Good Luck Rich, now get out and play...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]