Re: Amps

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Bluzharper on May 30, 2001 at 18:03:54:

In Reply to: Amps posted by Danno on May 30, 2001 at 03:33:46:

Danno,
I think you should ask what are you going to be using the amp for? Just practice, playing gigs, what size rooms, with guitar players? Well I think Ive made my point. When you say valve amp were talkin tube amp. Opinions vary but I think its safe to say for good tone a tube amp is prefered over a solid state amp by most players. For just practice most any amp will do. For playing with a band, theres two schools of thought, 1. Playing a smaller amp miced thru a PA set up, 2. Playing a larger amp, Fender Bassman ect, straight out. If money is an issue the Bassman is about a grand or $1000 US, lots of bar room players use a Pro Junior or a Blues Junior miced or unmiced depending on the room size. As you can tell Im partial to fender amps. Theres a ton of amps to choose from, I would let my mouse do the walkin to Harmony Central and look up user reviews, theres harp heads telling you what works along with guitar gurus spewing opinions. My suggestion, take your mic, a high key, and a low key harp and take your time and try amps out for yourself. Ive found the same brand amp can sound very different due to tubes, wear and tear on used gear and speaker substitutions. I hope theres some useful knowledge here. These are just my opinions and youre milage may vary. Good Luck Bluzharper..

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]