Re: Tongue Blocking vs. the pursed lip method...?

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by randy on April 10, 2001 at 08:58:21:

In Reply to: Re: Tongue Blocking vs. the pursed lip method...? posted by Ron on April 10, 2001 at 07:23:58:

I have the CD set also. I think it's great. The reason I bought is his style of playing. I first heard him on a Muddy Waters CD. Some live show(s) and he was doing this thing that sounded like "wahpa whapa whapa whapa" and it drove me crazy. it's actual very simple in theory. Amking it clean is the trick. he does a killer version of Little Walter's "Rocker" on another live CD (w/Muddy again) only the name is different ("Harmonica Rockin'"). On that CD is a version of "Can't Get No Grindin'" in which he does a lot of tongue slapping and some incredible bending. VERY clean.

: I have Jerry Portnoy's 3CD Harmonica Masterclass instructional set. Jerry says that he uses both methods seemlessly in order to exploit the advantages of both. One single note may be made with tounge blocking and the next note may be made with pursed lips. He even has a section in the Masterclass set that talks about transitions between the two methods. Learning both methods is probably a good way to go.

: Ron

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]