Re: What are David Barrett's instructional book/cds like?

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by coz on April 08, 2001 at 20:07:42:

In Reply to: What are David Barrett's instructional book/cds like? posted by NattyBoy on March 22, 2001 at 00:37:56:

It's Coz again. I just wrote you about Gary Primach. Well-- I went to David Barrett's Harmonica Masterclass in 1999. It was great. Met Gary, David, Lee Oskar, Howard Levy and others. If you get Gary's book, I don't think there's a need for David's. They're all basically the same. All these guys are masters, the techniques are the same, some guys just have different approaches to the harp I think. Lee Oskar is big into effects pedals, which I found quite interesting. He plays horn lines and can alter his tone with different pedals. You may want to check out a Masterclass workshop. There were over 300 people at the one I went to and I got to play with others, met people from 2 countries, and 10 states. Even knew somebody from my town of San Antonio that I met at a jam nite here. It is a little pricey though but I'm a serious player and
it was a once in a lifetime experience for me and it was great just to meet these people and ask questions.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]