What Would You Say, and other non-blues songs...

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by el_pedro_nacho on February 27, 2001 at 20:19:42:

I think someone sent me an e-mail notifying me that the song "What Would You Say" by DMB (Harp work by John Popper) was played in the harp key of A. I may be mistaken but I don't think that this is the case. I think that the SONG is played in the key of A thus making the HARP in the key of D.

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but perhaps you could challenge it and let me know your results, too. I'm willing to admit if I'm wrong (I have been before, you know) but in this case, I don't think I am.

In any case, the song is really cool, if you have the CD, I invite you to listen to it, and maybe even try it with both your A and D harps.

Further, it seems I'm not the only one that's noticed, but the sound that a fiddle makes can be well compared to a harp, sometimes, and this can be applied to listening to the Charlie Daniels Band (I think we all know what I'm talking about, here) and what I've found to be most fun, DMB.

For instance, it's pretty cool to play the A harp on back-up for a fill-in on the fiddle in that song, and then after patiently banging out the simple riff every 3 seconds, you get the pleasure of busting out a solo toward the end.

It's just an idea to heighten your harp-playing experience, and perhaps, keep you intersted, in case you may be feeling a little out of it...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]