Read todays homepage tip- 2/26/01

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Stan Besaw on February 26, 2001 at 13:26:33:

In Reply to: having trouble with high notes posted by Phargophan on February 24, 2001 at 07:14:18:

Read todays tip (from the homepage of this site):

"Angled airflow is why so many beginners cannot get a good sound out of the hole 2 draw (and 3, 7, 8, and 9 draw). If there is any angle to your airflow (the airflow should be parallel to the hole and reed), then you will be unintentionally bending, or flatting, every note you play just enough to create a 'sour' sound. Some of the high draw or blow notes like holes 7, 8, and 9, may not come out at all. This leads many beginners to the conclusion that they have a bad harmonica."

Good luck,
Stan
==================================================

: I am a real beginner, about 2 weeks.I'm doing okay, but think I'm doing something wrong. I had an old Marine Band, so I went and bought a Blues Band one week ago. It played fine until 2 days ago. now I am having trouble getting sounds out of holes 7-10. It sounds like they (or me) are choking and the pitch waivers. Do you think I need to clean it, or have I damaged the reed by maybe blowing too hard? I'm having the same problem with the old Marine Band

: any advice would be much appreciated. I have wanted to learn the harmonica for years, and have finally started. I have a music background (piano mostly).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]