Acoustic Jam

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Bluzharper on February 05, 2001 at 05:37:04:

I was recently invited to an acoustic jam in of all places an ice cream shop on Sunday afternoons. The duo hosting the jam are good friends and great players. The format is open stage. I was amazed to see a young black guitar player age 10 set up his music stand, pull out his sheet music and play a waltz on his classical guitar. His mother, camera in hand, told us it was his first time playing out. As I took my turn kickin the Blues around with one of my favorite guitar players backing me up I realized this was something unique, I could hear myself, I mean really hear, every note, every slight bend. I also noticed something missing, no smoke, no profanity, no drunks. This has become an every Sunday event, I try not to miss. The setting is so cool I played some guitar and did some vocals. The talent that shows up runs the musical gamut from the Bob Dylan wannabe to guy with the thousand dollar Martin singing folk songs. If theres an acoustic jam in your area I would highly recommend checking it out.
Bluz

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]