Re: Valved ?

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Bill Phelb on January 28, 2001 at 23:18:45:

In Reply to: Valved ? posted by Bluzharper on January 28, 2001 at 00:06:23:

Valves (that is, windsavers), are put on diatonics so that you can bend the "undbendable" notes down a half step. It's the same amount of bend that you can get out of a chromatic (that's where the windsaver idea caome from). They don't do anything for me, but a few players like them. Remove them if you like, I did, then it's a standard 10 hole.

Good luck,

: Stopped into the local pawn shop and found a box of new Promasters. They were selling them for $10 a pop but only had the keys of F and G . This is the first time Ive played a valved diatonic harp. What is the purpose of the valves? I really dont notice that much of a difference. Can the valves be removed? I bought a key of F. The metal comb gives it a very different feel also. Any input appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




[an error occurred while processing this directive]