Re: What's the HOLY GRAIL Bluesharp?

Harmonica Lessons.com
Harmonica Lessons.com
Harmonica Lessons.com
Harmonica Lessons.com

Posted by Bluzharper on April 10, 2001 at 03:41:35:

In Reply to: What's the HOLY GRAIL Bluesharp? posted by Deltablues on April 09, 2001 at 13:46:16:

: Just curious...

Ive heard of some chromatics being restored and some of the older unique diatonics like the Zeppelin being collectable but as for a Holy Grail, I would think the harp that comes close would be a Marine Band due to its place in history and those who have played it. You see old MBs at flea markets and antique shops, I wouldnt touch them. Most have blown reeds and are not worth the effort to fix. New ones are not that expensive. If I had to pick a Highly Collectable Holy Grail my opinion would be any custom harp by Joe Filisko. Ive seen his work and listened, amazing! IMHO most harp players are more interseted in what can be done with this humble instrument. Players like John Popper or Dave Gage who all but reinvent the harmonica with their unique playing styles. Blues players like Little Walter or Sugar Blue who set a standard. I think the Holy Grail instrument mentality is more guitar oriented, old Strats and Les Pauls. Just my opinion, Good Luck and Happy Harpin....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Harmonica Lessons.com
Harmonica Lessons.com
Harmonica Lessons.com
Harmonica Lessons.com