Re: Harps Other Than LO and SP20

Harmonica Lessons.com
Harmonica Lessons.com
Harmonica Lessons.com
Harmonica Lessons.com

Posted by randy on April 06, 2001 at 07:30:11:

In Reply to: Harps Other Than LO and SP20 posted by Jezzmund on April 05, 2001 at 16:24:36:

I have limited experience with other harps. I'm partial to Hohner SP20 and to LO. I do have a Hohner Pro Harp in F. It's a high key and I don't play it much. It does not jag me like a Marine Band or Golden Melody (I do like my GM though) and it has a very crisp clean sound. I don't know if it's because the key is high or if it's the style of the harp but it is a bit hard to bend. It seems stiff or actually "tight". but I like it a lot. Has a good sound.
I don't care for Big Rivers. I think Hohner Blues Harps sound better than BRs.
I would like to try the Huangs but haven't gotten around to it. The scientist in me says "experiment". Try all kinds of things and do what you like.

: I would like to expand my harp collection and am interested in trying harps other than a LO or a SP20-- I mean why the heck not?! I was wondering especially about a Bushman or the Huang (I know--Chinese) Star Performer. I've also thought about a Big River, thinking that since it uses the same reedplates as some higher end Hohners it's probably a good harp (I have a Golden Melody with the protruding reedplate and it bothers me not). If you've used other harps I'd like to hear your experiences-- pro or con.
: Blow your brains out,
: Jezzmund

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Harmonica Lessons.com
Harmonica Lessons.com
Harmonica Lessons.com
Harmonica Lessons.com