SAMPLE VIDEO: Harmonica Lessons for Beginners
- Over 45 Hours of Video Lessons -
Attend up to 12 Live Classes per Month
- Beginners should start with- the 2 most basic techniques for playing most any type of harmonica in any musical style: Single Notes and Holding/Hand Effects. Give these two some time before moving on. In the meantime you can also be learning a few songs.
- Bending and Breathing- Be sure you are fairly comfortable with the more basic techniques of Single Notes and Holding/Hand Effects before spending too much time on bending and breathing. A few weeks to a month of fairly accurate single noting is a good indicator of when to begin work on these two techniques.
- More/Jamming Techniques- Once you're somewhat comfortable with the 4 basic techniques, you can add some interest and variety to your song playing and jamming with some or all of these additional techniques.
- Advanced Techniques- These techniques are geared towards players that have been playing regularly for at least 3-6 months or longer. At this point, you should already be comfortable with the four basic techniques: single notes, hand effects, bending, breathing, and have at least a few songs and riffs memorized.
Click here to get started with the "Single Notes" technique.